Available from :-
Fire Risk Reduction - Collection and Removal of Excesses Fuel Loads
We've started the collection and tidyup of our excess timber and forest litter. I anticipate that there will be a surplus. If anyone wants free wood for the winter please get in contact to make arrangements to collect it.
When collecting I suggest you bring :-
- suitable clothing - long sleeved shirt, trousers, socks and boots or sports shoes.
- hat, sun lotion, water.
- gloves, glasses \ sunnies.
- garden bags.
To collect :-
- contact the owner beforehand to arrange access - times and where to get the timber.
- if you need a chain saw - make arrangements either with the owner or bring your own.
- both kindling (bark and twigs) and large timber (branches) are available.
- don't collect anything that has already been collected \ bagged \ piled up.
- be aware that this is the bush so there are plenty of critters. They'll mostly keep out of your way. Just be careful of the Kung Fu Kangaroos though 😄. Also be aware that your safety is your responsibility.
please make a donation to the local BFBs.
If anyone wants to be added to the list above please get in touch.